Slow Traveler

I'm jealous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 046.gif  

Slow Traveler

but you and Dean have to
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dean_exercising.gif  

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dean:

Well you three are certainly in luck! 164 (target of less than 170) with a ratio of LDL to HDL of less than .9 (Ideal is anything less than 2! See you can have a little cheese and prosciutto and have a heart healty diet! Must be all that red wine!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dean will you move here and help me get healthy - I am so floundering.

Hey - love the new signature quote.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Casa del Fenicottero Rosa, Silver Spring, MD USA
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kim:
    Hey - love the new signature quote. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have also seen it attributed to Thomas Jefferson who was quite the wine collector. I have seen bill of sales for Bordeaux that TJ bought. Apparently he bought off vintages for his guests who knew no different and the good stuff for his more expert friends.
    Slow Travel Wine Notes
    Restaurant Lists: Toscana * [url=http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/restaurant_list/veneto_dean.htm]V

Slow Traveler

Pittsburgh to Santarcangelo di Romagna, Italy, and now, Savannah GA
    You people are making me feel so lazy. And today did nothing for my activity level either. Happily, I finally lit and burned the little wood-burning stove that is in my studio/office (sitting just behind my back when I'm at the PC) without...drum roll pls...filling the entire house with smoke! What a difference it made. I did not have to wear gloves once all day! Consequently, I sat here and sat here and sat some more. I did a little work, but mostly looked at recipes, slow talk, the news and so on. Oh, I did go out for more wood a few times, but really! Now I won't even burn calories trying to keep warm. Ok, going for some red wine now - oh, and maybe some dinner.

Slow Traveler

Because Wendy is having a course of chemotherapy and needs all the rest she can get, I am doing all the cooking at the moment. Thankfully I am reasonably good at this and quite enjoy it.

This evening I threw together chicken in white wine sauce and to my pleasant surprise, it turned out brilliantly.

I like cooking Pizzas from scratch (bit of a messy job that one) and like to think I do a pretty wicked curry.

Right now I'm off to walk the dog. I am not going to try and compete with the more energetic contributors to this thread.

Ricardo

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Ricardo, you wore me out. Care to share the curry recipe?

My best to Wendy.

Slow Traveler

It's a sad Saturday morning here. I just checked my lottery ticket and learned that alas I did NOT win the $30 million prize.

All week long, I've been plotting the trips that I would take and the 6-8 interesting friends whom I would invite to be my guests.

Destinations for 3-week trips included:

1. Hong Kong, Singapore, and Bali. (Have been to HK and Singapore, but it was ages ago. Bali might be problematic, given terrorist problems now, but maybe this will be rectified.) I'm thinking about staying at the Peninsula in Hong Kong; Raffles in Singapore; and a Four Seasons resort in Bali with a private plunge pool and a daily massage.

2. Safari in Kenya. This will be a trip for the nieces who are crazy about animals.

3. South America. Peru for sure, and elsewhere. Want this trip to be centered around photography and bird-watching.

4. A week of cooking classes at the ultra-chic hotel across from Venice, with friends who love to cook, eat and drink well. Then two weeks in a villa in Tuscany with a good kitchen where we can practice what we learned, and a pool to jump into every once and awhile to burn off some calories.

5. An entire week spent in the Louvre. I would like to spend six months researching and plotting a day-by-day itinerary of the works that I want to see. (Something tells me that I might have to do this first week on my own. I would be quite happy if they locked me in for the entire week!) Week two in Paris would be spent going to a different museum every day, just to refresh my memory of all the art work that I love. Then week three would be day-time shopping and evenings at the opera, ballet and concerts.

6. Then, of course, there's Rome. Three weeks could not possibly do it justice, so high on my list of priorities would be to buy myself a little pied-a-terre there. I think that the place would have to be able to accommodate frequent guests, so it might need to be fairly large.

With my $30 million, the plan was to set aside $5 million for first-class travel with various groups of friends; $5 million or so for some real estate investments; $5-$10 million for living expenses for me for the next 30 years or so; set aside a couple of million for family members (how much to give the younger ones and when to do it are questions that I haven't been able to resolve); and then make significant donations to my favourite Toronto cultural organizations -- Canadian Opera Company; National Ballet of Canada; Art Gallery of Ontario; Power Plant; Tafelmusik; et al. We're in the process of trying to raise money to build a new opera/ballet house, and I was so excited all week thinking about how much fun it would be to write them a cheque and make this a reality!

So isn't it just the pits that I didn't win?!!

Is this the last day for this great and bloggy thread? (I checked the OED and that IS an adjective)

Pauline said that she was going to start a new one every month. But of course she and Steve are off in Hawaii. So what happens?

M

Slow Traveler

Bummer, that Marion didn't win that lottery. We should all start a thread with our plans for when we win. In fact, I will.

Thank you, Chris, Marta and the rest of the moderators for keeping us sane while the is in route to paradise. Do you think we've lost all the attachments to the thousands of posts pre-Eve? Aaargh!