Hi All,
    I understand from this site and the forum that 3 millennia tours are excellent and I'm pretty sure the owner posts here from time to time. I sent an email through their website a couple of days ago wanting to request/reserve a tour for later in June and haven't heard anything back yet. Is there a better way to reach them than through email? Should I just be patient?

Thanks!

Hi All,
    I understand from this site and the forum that 3 millennia tours are excellent and I'm pretty sure the owner posts here from time to time. I sent an email through their website a couple of days ago wanting to request/reserve a tour for later in June and haven't heard anything back yet. Is there a better way to reach them than through email? Should I just be patient?

Thanks!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Tony is usually good about responding. Why not try sending another e-mail as Italian services are sometimes strange. Yes, you will enjoy his tours and him. Will worth a second effort in reaching him.

Thanks Jane - I will try again. I know they have a link saying that they have a new website for 2008, so maybe things aren't working perfectly.

Steve

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Hi Steve, just to repeat what Jane says -- Tony is usually very good about responding to emails, etc. And he's on the Slow Travel board a fair bit, so I'm sure he'll get back to you!

I've had a couple of tours with Tony and they have been great, it really is worth your effort to connect with him.

I hope you have a wonderful time in Italy!

Cheers,
    Sandra
    My new blog:Leaping Without a Net | [URL=http://www.amazon.com/The-Virgin-Griffin-ebook/dp/B009BMFIZK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347982405&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Virgin+and+the+Griffin]A nov

Rome is at the end of our 15 days and we're not there for very long - I've done very little in the way of research on what we should do. I thought the Vatican tour would be good. Any other suggestions with Tony's tours? Which tour is the best or are they all good? They certainly all sound good!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

We just returned from Rome and had a great time with Tony on the "Unofficial Angels and Demons Tour". Tony is lots of fun, and does a great job. Be patient. He will answer you. Send another email...it IS Italy.

Yesterday was a national holiday here in Italy. While tour groups were probably out there, the office may have been unmanned.

Judith - that probably explains it because I woke up this morning to a reply from Tony. Things are falling into place!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Steve, if your time is a bit tight, 3 Millennia's Ancient City tour might be a good idea. On your own, it can sometimes be a bit difficult to make sense of the Forum and even the Colosseum, because there has been so much damage. Tony could help to bring that area to life for you.

The Off The Beaten Path tour also looks like it would be worthwhile and very interesting.

Good luck!
    Sandra
    My new blog:Leaping Without a Net | [URL=http://www.amazon.com/The-Virgin-Griffin-ebook/dp/B009BMFIZK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347982405&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Virgin+and+the+Griffin]A nov

The Off The Beaten Path tour looks great but I'm wondering if it includes a tour of Trastevere or if it just ends in that neighborhood?

I sent them an email but no replies so far...

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

mcbg1 - We just sent you a response to the inquiry that you sent yesterday.

As an FYI to the public, our personal goal is to respond to each and every email within 1 business day. However, that is not always possible, especially in high season. Therefore, our guarantee to you is that we will have each and every email responded to within a maximum of 2 business days.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Then I'm hoping you received my e-mail yesterday about the wine tour, and look forward to hearing from you.

If you did not receive it, please send me a PM.
    Marcia

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." Saint Augustine
    Happy Trails to Us: My Reluctant Blog

Thanks Tony. I will definitely book a tour or two closer to my trip (when my dates are finalized).