Slow Traveler

Not exactly a travel question, but:

Can anyone tell me what U.S. stamp I need for a standard #10 envelope SASE that will allow an American company to send me a reply *in Canada*?

I'm hoping I can buy a pane of 20 US stamps from the US Postal Service's website. The two Canadian post offices where I live in rural Canada don't carry International Reply Coupons, so I figured this might be the solution. Unfortunately I'm having trouble understanding the rates.

Thanks in advance!

Slow Traveler

Not exactly a travel question, but:

Can anyone tell me what U.S. stamp I need for a standard #10 envelope SASE that will allow an American company to send me a reply *in Canada*?

I'm hoping I can buy a pane of 20 US stamps from the US Postal Service's website. The two Canadian post offices where I live in rural Canada don't carry International Reply Coupons, so I figured this might be the solution. Unfortunately I'm having trouble understanding the rates.

Thanks in advance!

Slow Traveler

You can calculate international rates for US postage at the USPS Website

International first class to Canada is $0.69 USD for the first ounce and $0.31 USD for each additional ounce.

Bill
    Bill

Slow Traveler

Hi, thanks.

Yeah, I tried that calculator and was confused by the results. How can I know what the weight will be when I'm sending them an empty envelope that they will then be adding content to? And what is first-class?

Anyhow, I guess I'll buy the 69ers and hope for the best.

Thanks again for your response.

Slow Traveler

Naomi B - I sent you a private post on this in case you are interested.

Slow Traveler

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How can I know what the weight will be when I'm sending them an empty envelope that they will then be adding content to? And what is first-class? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First class mail is regular personal correspondence, rather than bulk mail, advertising, etc....

A #10 envelope with 5 sheets of 8.5"x11" weigh about 1 ounce, which will require a 69 stamp.

Bill
    Bill

Slow Traveler

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yayoye:
    Naomi B - I sent you a private post on this in case you are interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks so much. I'm sorry I don't have a Premium account, so I couldn't reply to your PM. I actually went ahead and bought a pane of stamps from the USPS website a few hours ago--$6 in shipping! (And I was just down in TX the other week )

Slow Traveler

Thanks to you also, Bill!