Premium Member

Slow Traveler

If you will be blogging while traveling in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Africa, South America and the other areas covered by the Rest of the World forum, post your announcement in this thread! Just one post per trip, please. People who wish to comment about the blog, please do so on the particular blog. This thread is just for the announcements. Further details on our rules on mentioning your blog on the Board can be read here.

Thanks, everyone!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

If you will be blogging while traveling in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Africa, South America and the other areas covered by the Rest of the World forum, post your announcement in this thread! Just one post per trip, please. People who wish to comment about the blog, please do so on the particular blog. This thread is just for the announcements. Further details on our rules on mentioning your blog on the Board can be read here.

Thanks, everyone!

Marta - should I put my past blogs here?

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Liz, I believe the purpose of this is for people to post when they are actively blogging. We all have blog posts or blogs from previous trips, after all, but this way things are current and people get to share our trips with us WHILE they are happening. It's so nice to have one place to look for these. Great change!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Thanks Kathy. Your post describes it perfectly. It is for people who are blogging while currently traveling.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

I will blogging from Guatemala August 12-28. I'll be back in Antigua and at various towns out on Lake Atitlan. I will be studying Spanish at a Spanish school in Antigua and will post details for those interested in Spanish study there. I will also be visiting various hotels from budget to swank and making notes on rates and what they have to offer.

This will be my 4th trip to Guatemala in one year!

hi Marta, great site ! cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails san_telmo_defensa_square.jpg  

Traveler

With special permission from Marta, I am posting the link to the Belize Category on my blog. We live in Playa del Carmen, Mexico but have spent about 60 days in Belize over the past year. Our 16 day road trip through the country was one of the best trips our family has ever taken. There are lots of good tips and tons of photos of our various trips and journeys. I hope you find them helpful. As per forum rules, if you have any comments or questions, please contact me through my blog. Thanks all. This is an awesome forum!!
    Michele in Playa

I blog here - "Life's a Beach"

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Marta is blogging from Malaysia!!

Marta's blog: Postcards from the Trail

Slow Traveler

I have just got back from my first (but not last!) trip to Morocco. This time we visited Tangier and Asilah.

You can read the blog post here...
    Tangier & Asilah

And see the photo albums here...
    Morocco photo albums

Slow Traveler

azahar, We traveled through Morocco by car in 1982 and would like to visit again. How safe is Morocco for U. S. citizens? Thank You.

Slow Traveler

I really couldn't say, Gina. People occasionally asked where we were from (I'm Canadian, my friend is from the US) and we mostly just replied that we lived in Seville.

We're thinking of going again and driving to Casa Blanca and Marrakesh, but we may hire a driver rather than bring my friend's car.

Blogged January 24 - February 24 while researching tourism in South Africa.

Will blog on trip to Milan starting April 24:

Rolling Rains Report Travelogue http://www.rollingrains.com/travelogues/

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gina Ceramics:
    azahar, We traveled through Morocco by car in 1982 and would like to visit again. How safe is Morocco for U. S. citizens? Thank You. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gina, Maria just spent time in Morocco and blogged about it.I think her blog entries on Morocco began in February and went into March You can search her archives by month. You would probably find it very interesting. She gives no indication of any problems.

We're going this summer.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

I'll be heading back to Guatemala next week and will be blogging from Antigua and Lake Atitlan April 28 - May 9. I will be introducing my man to Guatemala this trip so it will be nice to experience it all through his eyes as well!

Traveler

Well, we are back from our three week road trip through Guatemala. I managed fairly successfully to blog as we went along. It was an amazing trip, tough on the poor car and at times on our nerves, but we loved every minute of it. (PS-My husband may disagree as he did all the driving)

Below is the link to the first of the blog entries for this adventure. Each entry is linked in succession so you can follow it along in order. If anyone has any questions about our trip, don't hesitate to ask.

Guatemala Road Trip
    Michele in Playa

I blog here - "Life's a Beach"

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Gard is going to Hong Kong on Saturday and flying from Norway on Lufthansa First Class! He will be blogging and I'm certain he will have great details and photos on flying first class.

From Gard
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm going to Hong Kong on Saturday and I'll be flying from Stavanger (Norway), Frankfurt and then to Hong Kong. It will be my first time (more or less) in First on long haul and I am of course looking forward to trying both the Lufthansa First Class terminal in Frankfurt and the service on board the 747 that will take me to Hong Kong. I'm planning on updating my blog http://gardkarlsen.com/blog/ as I go along so feel free to check it out on Saturday and Sunday :-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Kim is blogging from Israel. It was a great day visiting Masada and the Dead Sea.
    What I Really Think - Kim's Blog

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

LizS has been in Africa for about two weeks now. She has already visited Tanzania and Rwanda. She has several posts. She hasn't been able to post pictures yet but should soon since she is headed to Cape Town. You can find the posts on her right navigation bar and this is the first post. You can use the links on the right or at the top to go to the next posts.

We are presently in Belize for three months. My husband is an Anglican priest and is on his sabbatical. We have been assigned a parish in Corozal which is 8 miles from the Mexican border. I have just started my blog while we are in Belize City for a few days. Here it is Blog

Sandy

Hi Marta - we've been in Simon's Town (south of Cape Town) for 8 days now - pics are now up for the beginning of the Tanzania portion.

Tomorrow we cage dive with great white sharks! Hope we'll have pics to post.

Best

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Rar (Matt) is blogging from Lebanon.. then he is going to Syria and Turkey.

http://insomma.wordpress.com/

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Blogging from Kenya--I hope. Beginning July 2. Well, actually, I did the first post today in anticipation of the adventure and in response to Barb's request for info: Kenya Tomorrow This effort will depend on the strength of the wi fi connections in the camps. If no good--then, I'll post when we return. Enjoy!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Can't wait for your blog posts!!! Safe travels, strong WiFi connections and fun fun fun! Be on the lookout for possums!!

Zia Sarah

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Buon Viaggio! Fingers crossed for wifi!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Jambo Friends

We are having a wonderfully fantastic time. In fact, too much fun to waste time on the internet or upload pictures as I had planned to do. We are spending most of our time on game drives
    *and when not doing that just too tired to write. There is wifi where we are now so if I can connect later will send this email.

Casey is loving it and says he will never go to a zoo again. We've seen so many animals, herds of elephants, lions, cheetahs, giraffes, zebras and so many more species. Tons of pictures to process when we get home. Casey is keeping a journal and illustrating it. Today the camp manager is taking him for a walk and teaching him about the bush country.

Right now I am sitting in a camp chair, *by the side of a river, watching hippos sleep and splash and listening to he sounds of the bush.

We have visited Samburu villages and bush trading stores. There are no roads here just rocky paths that the four wheel vehicles manuevere. My insides are a jumble mess and my bottom is sore and bruised from all the bouncing but it is quite worth it.

Sorry about not getting you up to date with pictures but will share when home.

From the Bush Country of Kenya

Jane

Sent from my iPad

Jane
    www.janeandken.com
    www.janeandken.blogspot.com

Forward

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Great to hear from you Jane. I thought you were probably too busy to write which is excellent. We will wait until you return to see your adventures.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Jane is back from Kenya and is starting to blog about her adventures.

From Jane:

I did not blog while in Kenya--as I promised. Truth is I just wanted to be lost in a new world and forget the world I come from. So, I started today in retrospect. Off On Safari

Thanks Jane. I can't wait to read more

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Well, I thought she might kill me for doing this but ... she didn't when I posted in the Italy forum, so I'm posting here too.

Becky (my eldest) spent a week in Italy this summer followed by 4 weeks in Israel. She got home ten days ago and while she didn't blog when she was away (no computer access), she's transcribing her written journal into her blog now. So if any of you want to see Israel through a 17 year-old's eyes, on a religious, group trip (they prayed 3 times a day), here you go:

Honest to Blog

She's got a bunch of entries already, so you may want to page backward. Also some funny video.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

lesrosiers is currently in Kathmandu and is updating her blog with lots of great details and pictures.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey all,

I've been blogging from Nepal, with a little bit of India thrown in, since October 26, in case anyone is interested. It's my first trip to Asia, my husband's second (he volunteered in India for several months about 12 years ago), so it's a bit of a culture shock for me. Anyhow, enjoy!

Voyages via Chicago </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Chiaro di luna is blogging from Egypt, Greece, and now Turkey!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Well, this is rather late at this point, but just realized that I did not post our blogging re Egypt and Jordan in December. I actually did not write the posts until we returned which is probably why I didn't post. But, if you are interested it is here. Egypt You need to scroll down to the first post on January 7 and here Jordan Again, scroll down for right time sequence.

Slow Traveler

We are blogging about our trip along the East Coast of Australia.
    We started in southern Victoria and are driving
    To Far North Queensland.

Click on my signature and our trip is under Eastern Australia Tour.

Jill

Hi All, I'm leaving for Argentina today and I plan on blogging (and tweeting) while on the road! If anyone is interested, you can find me here: Trekcapri's Blog

I have rented an apartment in the trendy neighborhood of Palermo Soho and have booked a couple of long overnight day trips to see Iguazu Falls and El Calafate in Patagonia. Argentina is a huge country with an amazing diversity in landscape and with a little known thing as the Argentine Tango.

I will definitely do a review of the apartment. The owner is an American who lives on the Eastcoast and has been wonderful to work with. I was even allowed to pre-pay for my apartment in two installment plans which was so convenient.

I was able to read many previous posts here and they have all been so helpful. Thankfully I had read somewhere here about this reciprocity fee that is required and luckily I remembered it, because when checkin in online yesterday, I read that they require that you pay for it online in advance and must provide the receipt upon entrance. Whew! Did it yesterday and I have my receipt ready. Slow Travel is the best.

Well, off I go. Hasta luego!

Slow Traveler

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekcapri:

Well, off I go. Hasta luego! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kathy, safe travels to you and have a wonderful time! I'm looking forward to following your blog while you're there. There's not a Tango icon so you're getting the dancing baby instead!

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Kathy, I'm so looking forward to your blog posts and photos from South America! Safe travels, and I know you're going to have a wonderful time!

Best,
    Sandra
    My new blog:Leaping Without a Net | [URL=http://www.amazon.com/The-Virgin-Griffin-ebook/dp/B009BMFIZK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347982405&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Virgin+and+the+Griffin]A nov

My blog's kind of half-blog half-guidebook in a way, and has touched on South Korea. I'm now blogging about Japan, covering Nara and Kyoto before I move onward to Tokyo (with some stops along the way).
    Travel Blog: Troo Adventure

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Sandy from Vancouver is now in Israel and Palestine and blogging. Here is a link to her blog.

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Safe travels, Sluggh!

Thanks, brother. Got to Cairo yesterday. It's freaking me out a little, but I'm hanging in there.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    I am really looking forward to checking out your blog Sluggh...