Premium Member

Slow Traveler

I've spent the last half hour trying to renew my membership. I found a discussion from late last year and Kim said to click on "membership" at the top of the page and it would walk me through it. I did. It didn't.

Please advise.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Hey Earline, sorry I should have posted this sooner.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Thanks, Kim. It's too bad it's Paypal. I don't have a good opinion of them and have had numerous problems in the past. When the new system is up and running, is there any chance I could do something like . . . write a check and mail it to you?

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Earline, for you anything . Yes, if you want to do that, I'll send you a PT with my address.

Slow Traveler

I also cancelled my PayPal account - will need a different way to renew when the time comes

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Just as an FYI, I do not believe you need a PayPal account to send a payment via them with your credit card. But once we're set up, I'll post alternative methods.

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    I am not crazy about PayPal either, but you don't need an account with them to pay by credit card. PayPal is just handling the credit card transaction for the merchant.

I think if the transaction involves a currency conversion, PayPal will add a percentage, but for a straight dollar transaction in the US, it's just like any other credit card payment. If there should be a problem, you would have the same protection, I believe, as with any credit card transaction.

- Roz

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Kim -- yes, please. Thank you.

Slow Traveler

Although you don't have to have an account with them, when you send a credit card payment via PayPal, they still have your info. One of my problems with them is their past security breaches.

Even though I'm protected, it's still a hassle getting a new card and then going around to all my sites and update them with my new number.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Earline, reminder emails for expiring memberships just went out. I will email you shortly with an address to which you can mail a check.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Kim, I didn't get a reminder email either. I'd rather pay by check, so please email the address. Thanks

anne

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Anne, your membership isn't due until November 1 but I'll send you a PT with the snail mail address momentarily.