Thread: Logon timeout

Logon timeout

How long does the login cookie last on the new forums? I now have to log in on every single visit, even though I checked "Remember me". This time I seem to have been logged out after only about 20 minutes.
    Veronica in France
    La Recette du Jour
    Twitter: veronicafrance

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    It should be an hour. IB thought they had fixed this issue. I'll let them know it's still going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    It should be an hour. IB thought they had fixed this issue. I'll let them know it's still going on.
    Thanks Kim! Even an hour seems a bit too short to me. Admittedly the old software perhaps went a bit too far in the other direction -- I never had to log in! But now I have to log in on every single visit.
    Veronica in France
    La Recette du Jour

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    I have my browser (Chrome) set to remember my password. I still have to click on the Login blank to fill it in, but I don't have to type it in every time. I think other browsers also offer that option, although I'm not sure if you can do it on a tablet.

- Roz

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    I have my browser (Chrome) set to remember my password. I still have to click on the Login blank to fill it in, but I don't have to type it in every time. I think other browsers also offer that option, although I'm not sure if you can do it on a tablet.

- Roz
    I don't use that feature of browsers on principle, having my doubts about the security of it. Instead I use 1Password. It's still irritating being logged out every single time though!
    Veronica in France
    La Recette du Jour