Remember me box when logging in

On the old forum, the remember me or equivalent used to work so that if you clicked on it you were always automatically logged in when you visited the site. Now I have to log in every time I visit. Can I fix this?

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    I believe Kim is working on this with IB, but I will alert her to your problem just the same. This has happened to others, too. Thanks for alerting us.

Quote Originally Posted by teaberry View Post
    I believe Kim is working on this with IB, but I will alert her to your problem just the same. This has happened to others, too. Thanks for alerting us.
    Is there any chance of this getting fixed in the near future? One reason I post less now is that I'm fed up of having to log in on every single visit. Even if the last one was only 20 minutes ago.
    Veronica in France
    La Recette du Jour
    Twitter: veronicafrance

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    I'm not sure what the answer is here, veronica. I've shot off an alert to Kim today. I'm actually not having this problem, and I'm not sure why I'm not and you are.

What browser do you use? On my PC desktop, I use Firefox. I turn off my computer every night, and I'm always logged in the next time I turn the computer on. I have to say the same is true for my mobile phone (iphone) and also my iPad (Safari). Hopefully we can resolve this for you. And maybe other members are having this problem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by teaberry View Post
    What browser do you use? On my PC desktop, I use Firefox. I turn off my computer every night, and I'm always logged in the next time I turn the computer on. I have to say the same is true for my mobile phone (iphone) and also my iPad (Safari). Hopefully we can resolve this for you. And maybe other members are having this problem, too.
    I'm using Opera on Mac. I virtually never shut my computer down, maybe once every three weeks; I just shut the lid when I'm not using it. Opera is always running. I only restart it if it seems to be slowing down. I did not have this problem with the old forums.
    Veronica in France
    La Recette du Jour
    Twitter: veronicafrance

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Thanks for the feedback, veronica. I'm not very computer-savvy when it comes to these kinds of things, so when Kim sees this thread, maybe she will have some answers for you.

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    It does seem to be kind of random. At the beginning, I had to log in every time. Then there was a time when I did not have to log in. But over the past couple of weeks, the forum seems to have "forgotten" me and I again have to log in all the time. I'm using Chrome on a Mac.

Slow Traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    It does seem to be kind of random. At the beginning, I had to log in every time. Then there was a time when I did not have to log in. But over the past couple of weeks, the forum seems to have "forgotten" me and I again have to log in all the time. I'm using Chrome on a Mac.
    Exactly the same here. Using Chrome or Firefox on Windows 8. Recently, I have to log in all the time.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

I have to sign in EVERY time, even if I have checked the Remember Me button.

I am using Safari on an iPad

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Has any progress been made on this problem? I see there is nothing we can do about the ads, but surely IB is somewhat interested in holding on to what members there are still left around here?

I don't have this problem on any other message board - surely there has to be a way to fix this.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Nope, I asked for a meeting to have a status update and have not heard back. I did find another forum that mentioned this problem and a possible fix. If I don't hear from IB by the time I return Wednesday, I'm going to try to implement that fix myself.

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Kim needs your information, please

On this thread in the Announcements forum, Kim is asking those of you who have been having this problem to provide some information to help our tech team figure out where the problem is occurring.

Your information is appreciated.

Judy