Slow Traveler

Layover in Seoul….

We have about a 7-7.5hr layover in Seoul in September and I was wondering if anyone knew of a car and driver who could take us on a city tour. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JilM View Post
    We have about a 7-7.5hr layover in Seoul in September and I was wondering if anyone knew of a car and driver who could take us on a city tour. Thanks
    The airport itself offers FREE tours ranging from 1 -5 hours. Here is link to check them out
    The airport is huge and frankly rather a hassle IMHO due to crowds and having to move between various floors to get anywhere, however if you like to shop etc there is just about everything thing there as well as several food courts.

https://www.airport.kr/iiacms/pageWo...de=C1202020600

Slow Traveler

Thanks…I guess I was a bit nervous to trust the bus to get us back in time…but I will look at the link you sent me..

Thanks…I guess I was a bit nervous to trust the bus to get us back in time…but I will look at the link you sent me..
    don't worry the service is very good I have done a couple tours they have the times etc. and all you need to is allow about 1.5 hours prior to leaving since I assume you will already be checked in. The price is right and it gives you a nice taste of what the country is like

Slow Traveler

@ JoanneH was there one you particularly enjoyed…we are pretty much open to anything as we have never been there…and I assume since we are on a layover we are already checked in…just have to go through security again….we will be leaving our bags checked somewhere there (we are taking only carry on)

@ JoanneH was there one you particularly enjoyed…we are pretty much open to anything as we have never been there…and I assume since we are on a layover we are already checked in…just have to go through security again….we will be leaving our bags checked somewhere there (we are taking only carry on)
    I have done the 3 hour and 5 hour tours you will have to match your time frame up to when tours leave so you can decided as they leave at fixed times. When you go to the web page they give you times they depart and that will basically let you know which ones will work for you. As I said before none is in depth just a taste of the country so it doesn't really matter if you like I have seen a ton of temples, major buildings etc. I am not into shopping so I have not done that one however in talking to a lady while waiting for plane who did do it, she said she loved it and it was well run and she didn't have to worry about getting back they gave time warnings, that did not happen on the tours I was on.

Slow Traveler

thank you I will definitely look at the tours and match them to our time… I did try to see the toys from the link but it keeps just going to one tour…not sure what I am doing wrong...
    Last edited by JilM; 04-12-2015 at 12:41 AM.

thank you I will definitely look at the tours and match them to our time… I did try to see the toys from the link but it keeps just going to one tour…not sure what I am doing wrong...
    http://airport.kr/iiacms/pageWork.ii...de=C1202020600
    direct link to transit tour page if you can't get that go to main airport page and at top in search put in transit tours.

Slow Traveler

thanks I will try that...