Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Anyone had someone try to log in as them recently?

I got an email this morning, that someone tried five times to log in using my screen name. They were blocked after five attempts... the ISP showed an address of Newark, NJ.

I suppose there could be a Shannon in Newark who thinks this is her screen name, but I am skeptical. Anyone else have this happen to them recently? In my over decade as a member here, I have never had an email like this before...

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Shannon - how strange. There are, by the way, 10 Shannons registered with ST -- but you are the only one (registered in February 2002 -- 13 years ago!) who is simply Shannon (should change it to Shannon the Great).

I am alerting Kim to this so she can check with IB to see what's up -- but she's been in Florida and I don't know if she is back home yet.

Stay tuned.

Judy

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    I've had a similar message: someone from another country did some failed login attempts.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

I got one as well. Someone with an Ukrainian IP address.
    Amy in MA
    Destination Anywhere

"A traveler without knowledge is a bird without wings."--Sa'di, Gulistan (1258)

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Thanks.. sounds like someone wants to post, as one of us. about fake passports or similar.

I don't think IB can do anything.. it is nice to know everyone gets an email if this happens!

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Just a reminder -- if anyone wants to change your password, use the Settings option at the top of the screen. It is a pain to have to keep so many separate passwords, but one way the hackers get into your accounts is to steal a password you use in one place, then try it on other sites.