Slow Traveler

Malta - What a great destination!

Just back from a week in Malta and a day in Rome.

We had a blast for the short time we had, but we look forward to returning one day.

Here is a link to our blog: Malta Sojourn

As in most blogs. the most recent post are first and its goes backwards in time. If you would like to review the blog in chronological order click on the day on the right side.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Roz; 04-17-2016 at 10:37 PM. Reason: correct typo in title
    "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. - Emerson

Slow Traveler

I look forward to reviewing your blog and sharing with my brother.
    He lives in Austria - took his family to visit friends on Gozo last summer - they had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Colo View Post
    Just back from a week in Malta and a day in Rome.

We had a blast for the short time we had, but we look forward to returning one day.

Here is a link to our blog: Malta Sojourn

As in most blogs. the most recent post are first and its goes backwards in time. If you would like to review the blog in chronological order click on the day on the right side.

Enjoy

Slow Traveler
    Gozo is one beautiful place!
    For those who like to take pictures, Gozo is simply photographers heaven

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gozo.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	16756
    "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. - Emerson

I visited Malta for two weeks during my stay in England many moons ago. It was a welcome respite from the tacky Lloret de Mar in Spain, where I lived on street french fries for two weeks because the hotel food was so bad. Malta in August gave me my one and only serious sunburn and I was bedridden for a couple of days. I recall that I enjoyed the excessive heat despite my sunburn, the clear green water, scampi, pizza, a restaurant called 'the Arches' (?) and a bar which sold about 60 different whiskeys. Our small party was based in an apartment in an area which I always thought was called St Andrews, something to do with the British military. When I google it now nothing seems familiar. Beaches were awfully pebbly, the water was beautiful.

Slow Traveler
    Peter,

We truly enjoyed the Arches! It is under new management for the last year or two, but it is definitely top notch restaurant.
    If you look at my blog at this link: http://malta16.blogspot.com/2016/04/...n-in-wind.html
    You will see a couple pictures of the Arches at the bottom of the page.

We were on Malta in April, and honestly it was a little chilly and whole lot windy, but I can definitely see someone getting cooked on the beaches. We spend a lot of time in the USVI and BVI and there is always a tree somewhere to hide from the sun.

I know we would love to return to Malta one day and enjoy the sights underwater. We love to snorkel!