Want to experience Sweden - preferably on a budget

Hey all,

Has anyone from here been to Sweden? And more importantly was there anyone on a budget?

I want to organize a trip to Sweden, and I don't really care for the big cities or huge touristic centers. What I want to see is the everyday life of the people, the atmosphere of the countryside and stuff like that.

One of the possibilities I'm thinking about is organizing a road trip. An other possibility would be to take the Inlandsbanan (Inland Line - wiki), which is kind of the Siberian Express of Sweden. Is here anyone who tried any of these?

And what I really would like, if I somehow manage to find a way to organize this trip on an acceptable budget is to meet one of the last individual crispbread bakers of Sweden . He is not a celebrity or anything, but some days ago I read an article about him (and some other nice people), and was like: instead of telling someone, that Yo dude, I was in Sweden and saw Stockholm, it would be much nicer to say Hey, I just traveled to Sweden to meet the last individual crispbread baker.

About accommodation: until now I tried to find some on Swedish Tourist Association and Hostels World. Any better ideas?

So, if you have any experience with Sweden, please don't hesitate to share it with me!

Quick and short update

And another quick and short update - maybe this will be helpful to someone (but this really starts to feel like blogging about planning a trip ):

I just found out about the regulation of camping in Sweden (and generally in Scandinavia). You have "the Right to Roam", or the Right of Public Access ( http://www.swedishepa.se/Enjoying-na...amping--tents/ ), which lets you camp "a night or two in the countryside as long as you donít disturb the landowner or cause damage to nature".

A tent and a mat can solve a lot of problems, and stuff can't really get cheaper than that!