Slow Traveler

Margaret in Bavaria passed away June 3, 2016

I'm sad to share that Margaret Leach, aka "Margaret in Bavaria" passed away June 3, 2016.

In 2010 we were looking for a perfect European Christmas trip, and Margaret responded to a post here on Slow Trav. We checked out Bavarian Forest Holidays, found it met our needs perfectly, and my husband and two kids and I had THE BEST Christmas ever, including several feet of snow, snowboarding and sledding at nearby Arber, and an amazing Christmas dinner with Margaret, her partner Martin, and the rest of the guests staying at BFH.

I emailed my condolences to Martin as they had been so helpful with everything before and during our stay (including Martin picking us up from the Arber ski resort on Christmas Eve with snow coming down after we finally realized the buses weren't coming after a certain hour), and he responded with a long email describing the struggles these past three years as Margaret suffered from MSA--an illness related to Parkinson's.

The family still want to keep Bavarian Forest Holidays going, so if you need an amazing break in a sweet little town near the Czech border, I highly recommend you get in touch with them. You can find them here.

--Tara

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Tara - thank you for sharing this news. It is always sad to lose a member of the SlowTalk/SlowTrav family.

TourMama