Premium Member

Slow Traveler

difficulty joining

Hi all,

I have a friend who wants to join Slowtrav. She has "registered" and cannot get beyond that point. She received an email verifying her account, but cannot reply as the message is blank. Last week I emailed Slowtrav and have not received a reply.

Any help? Hints?

It's sure not as easy to use as it used to be.

Thank you,
    Laura

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Laura - We are looking into this; your friend should be able to post using the display name she chose when she registered. Will check with the tech folks to see what is happening, and will send her a note (she used your name as a referral when she registered, which is why I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about).

It may take a day or so to get a response, but I will send her a note when I have the answer to what has happened.

Judy (aka Tourmama)

Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    Thank you so much!

I am having the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TourMama View Post
    Laura - We are looking into this; your friend should be able to post using the display name she chose when she registered. Will check with the tech folks to see what is happening, and will send her a note (she used your name as a referral when she registered, which is why I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about).

It may take a day or so to get a response, but I will send her a note when I have the answer to what has happened.

Judy (aka Tourmama)
    I can reply to some posts but can not create a new post. Thankfully I was able to reply to this post and hopefully get help. Thank you!

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Welcome to Slow Talk, Huckleberry. Sorry you are having difficulties starting new posts. Since you are able to respond within an active thread I am not sure what the problem is, but have alerted our tech support of the possible problem.

In the interim,here are the instructions for starting a post. Take a look at them and see if that helps.

Tourmama,
    Slow Talk Moderator

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by TourMama View Post
    Welcome to Slow Talk, Huckleberry. Sorry you are having difficulties starting new posts. Since you are able to respond within an active thread I am not sure what the problem is, but have alerted our tech support of the possible problem.

In the interim,here are the instructions for starting a post. Take a look at them and see if that helps.

Tourmama,
    Slow Talk Moderator
    I do now see that I can create a new post in some categories but not all. For example, I can't post new topic in the Travel Video section.