Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Update on Website Shut Down

Sorry all, we have received no further information from Internet Brands regarding the disposition of these pages and our sister SlowTrav pages. What we THINK will happen as of March 1st is that anyone trying to log onto Slow Talk forums will be redirected to the pages of the Fodor travel site, which Internet Brands also owns. We have no idea what will happen if you try to log in to the SlowTrav pages.

For those who want a moderated, friendly, respectful travel site with a community of informed travelers, focused on EUropean travel, we recommend you become a member of Slow Europe, run by Pauline Kenny, who was the original owner/manager/moderator/Queen of Slow Travel.

For those with travel reports, vacation reviews, postcards, travel notes on our sister Slow Trave pages, our suggestion is that you copy those records for yourself. Roz has provided instructions on the easiest way to copy trip reports:
    If anyone wants to save specific trip reports to your own computer, there is an easy way to get the text, although not the pictures. Go to the master list of reports, and find and click on the report you want. At the bottom of the right column , you will see "Printable version." If you click on that, it will display the text with basic formatting. You can save the page as a web file to display in a browser, or copy and paste the text into a word processing application. Or print it to PDF.

I am about to do this with my own trip reports, so I have a record of them.

...(other content) may be retrievable from the Internet Archive Wayback Machine when this site is gone.

If we hear anything further from Internet Brands we will share the information with you.

Thank you for your participation on our forums over the years, and for your kind words as we ride into the sunset.

Judy AKA Tourmama

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Members contact info...

Hello again. I want to copy contact information for those STer's who are not a FB friend or in our contact list.
    The question is how to do this?
    Thank you,
    Wendy

Moderator Premium Member

Slow Traveler
    If I'm understanding correctly, if you have specific members in mind, you can click on their name and View Profile; then in the About Me tab you can see if they chose to make their email address available to members. There may not be that many who've done this; as I understand, if they made it available on the old platform, it didn't carry over to the new; people needed to set it up again on the new platform.

Premium Member

Slow Traveler

Thank you Andrew. I was hoping for an easier way, such as a written index (so to speak) with the different member's.
    I did copy the names of those in 'my members' file, but I was trying for a much more far reaching collection of names and email addresses.
    One never knows when they will be in the neighborhood of someone from ST/STT. Wendy